All about me..
I divide my time between writing, inventing and collaborating with innovative and forward thinking people/organisations; plus working on my enterprises KeyMail, ScienceOfCybersecurity, ArtOf ThinkingAccurately and RadleyBooks.
I am a generalist—being someone who is (in a true sense) the polar opposite of the specialist who is deeply interested in only a very narrow subject area. On the other hand, generalists are profoundly interested in everything—and desire to see/know/explore/purpose the inherent connections that everything has to everything else.
In my spare time I enjoy studying my extensive library (5000 books and 1000s of papers etc), visiting various libraries, universities and innovative companies world-wide; plus engaging in fitness training; for example: weight-training/yoga/running/cycling; plus I enjoy astronomy, cultural tourism and travel.
- KeyMail is an privacy mail / file-transfer network built from the ground up to protect your data (www.scienceofcybersecurity.com).
- ScienceOfCybersecurity is a comprehensive taxonomic model of cybersecurity threats and effective countermeasures (www.scienceofcybersecurity.com).
- Radley Books produces artfully designed printed editions of classic titles (www.radleybooks.com).
- The Art Of Thinking Accurately – is my developing theory of accurate thinking tools/techniques (www.artofthinkingaccurately.com).
- Atomic-Network / Magic Links – new ways to organise and gain efficient access to all human knowledge.
++ I have several other projects either ongoing, finished or at a very early stage.
Personal Mission Statement
I invent/develop unifying theories, visualisation tools and information systems/sources.
At any one time—I normally work on a range of projects—sometimes alone and at other times in collaboration with innovative persons, companies and organisations.
I am an evangelist for the ethical, moral and spiritual dimensions of technology. I am on the editorial advisory board for the AInCI Computing Handbooks; and I am the author of 10 papers in this series; the latter being for the International Association of Interactive Communication (AInCI); where I have been on the scientific committees for 12 international conferences, workshops and symposia.
I have two major books out recently: ‘The Science of Cybersecurity’ (published), and ‘The Art Of Thinking Accurately’ (forthcoming).
Perhaps my most well-known books are ‘The History Of Physical Culture’ (2001); ‘Self as Computer’ (2015), and ‘Zen Of Dumbbell Training’ (2013).
I am active in a variety of fields :
* Computers, self and society / technopia & techno-rights
* Happiness & Lifestyle Design / The Art Of Thinking Accurately
* Information: delivery / security / organisation / linkage / access
* World brain / distributed knowledge systems / atomic & hyper-networks
* Design of: cameras, UIs, 3D displays, panoramas / optics of gemstones + eye
* Eyesight amplification / looking & seeing / new types of visual perspective
* Data transmission + compression / binary coding / bandwidth magnification
* The History of Physical Culture + resistance, fitness and athletic training
Visit alanradley.com / radleybooks.com / scienceofcybersecurity.com – or contact me directly.
Skype: Alan Radley, Blackpool, UK – email: [alan (full stop) radley (at sign) gmail.com].